This post is meant to be a quick and off-the-cuff love note to you. Marty and I are in Tucson right now, staying at a mildly disgusting motel while we search for an endearing suite to call home for the next few months. We have seen so many places between November and now– San Diego, Orlando, Calgary, Mukilteo, Bellingham, Port Townsend, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, the California Coastline, Joshua Tree National Park, and now Tucson. Whew! I’m feeling more than a little road-weary and definitely ready to ground for a while.
Also: My heart has been crying out to me daily, persistently, urgently, practically non-stop, telling me to Get Going! with my coaching business already. It’s time! I have a zillion and one things to say, a million and one posts to write, a billion and one videos to record, and yet Le Internet has not been so cooperative, especially when we’ve been living out of the back of our van in the middle of nowhere, USA. That’s okay. I’ll be totally ready when The Internet is ready. It’s only a matter of time now…
I love and appreciate you, dear reader. Yes, YOU. And I want to offer you everything that’s been bubbling beneath the surface for a long, long time.
I want to speak with you, dear reader. Yes, YOU. All I’m waiting for is a steady internet connection, and then we can fly together! Thanks to the magic of Skype!
In the meantime, here are some things I’ve been pondering lately. If you’ve been thinking about the same sorts of things, let’s set up a time to talk, okay? You can email me (dana DOT m DOT machacek AT gmail DOT com) and I’ll let you know as soon as I have the internet up and running. There will be no cost, no expectations, and no set ‘program’ to follow when we chat. I just want (and need) to flow. And I want you (yes, YOU) to be a part of that flow. Sound good? Okay. Does any of this resonate:
- Does your inner critic have a lot to say about your body and physical appearance? Do you believe you have to wait to do certain exciting things in your life (i.e. get promoted, fall in love, finally publish that book you’ve been working on, have fun, etc.) until you’ve lost a certain amount of weight? Let’s talk.
- Are you totally bogged down in diet/weight loss information– lists of foods that are “allowed” and “good for you”, counting calories/grams/exercise minutes/miles, etc.? Would you rather take a more intuitive approach to food, weight, and body image? Let’s talk.
- Are you running out of willpower, self-discipline, and self-control when it comes to dieting, eating right, or being healthy? Are you looking for another way? Let’s talk.
- Do you sense that your weight issues might have a substantial emotional component to them? Are you an emotional eater? Does your physical body act as a protective buffer or boundary of sorts against certain people, situations, or places? Let’s talk.
- Do you feel a little dumb or superficial even thinking about losing weight? After all, aren’t there more important things to deal with (like fostering world peace and discovering a cure for cancer?) If a part of you wants to lose weight but another part of you feels like a traitor to women’s rights for even thinking about it, let’s talk.
Here’s the scoop: I’m just getting started on this “weight loss coaching” journey, so I’d love to offer a free session (or perhaps free sessions) to women who are struggling with their weight, who have tried dieting in the past, and who are looking for a completely new approach to their bodies and weight issues. 30-45 minutes sound good? You can set up a free session with me via e-mail, even if you’ve been a coaching client of mine in the past– the free part is open to everyone. 🙂 I’ll ask you to complete a short intake questionnaire before we set up a time to Skype, just so I can tailor our session to your specific needs and wants. Skype works best for me, and right now we are in the Arizona Time Zone. If you live across the world but still want to talk, we can also do “sessions” via e-mail, or I can record a video for you to watch. Or we can coordinate a time via the world clock! Let’s do this, sister! dana DOT m DOT machacek AT gmail DOT com. Do eet. I can’t wait! xoxo